Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Lost Garden of Eve...

Heylo everyone. I'm here with a post that is very special to me. I've been in love with mixed media ever since I started crafting. But I always held off attempting it as I wanted it to be special - conceptually. I'm glad I did that, because I'm really proud of what I ended up creating. 

My mixed media project is also a part of a few important challenges that I'm participating in; and hence the colour scheme.



I've been a fan of Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays ever since I watched my first mixed media project Youtube video by Arlene. Her video is also a reason I was inspired to take up crafting and re-ignite my passion for handmade articles.

For this challenge, we were to use specific colours from the following graphic:


Since I did not have the exact same colours, I got inspired by them to create teal and turquoise-like colours from the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays that I already had. At the end of the post, you can see a list of Lindy's sprays that I've used.



Challenge #2: More than Words

Word Inspiration - SPECIAL
Creative Challenge - something OLD, something NEW, something BORROWED or something BLUE

I was inspired by the word 'Special' in the way that I ended up creating my first serious mixed media canvas attempt and it's always going to be special to me (as already explained).

Something OLD - the canvas that I made this project on, I had purchased many years ago (initially to paint on it - since I paint as a hobby) but I never got around to using it. I just stored it thinking I would create something really unique on it.

Something NEW - some of the chipboard pieces and certain Lindy's sprays used here are from my most recent craft purchase.

Something BLUE - my background has a hint of blue here and there (along with turquoise) and some of the flowers I've used are blue in colour.

Something BORROWED - the Tim Holtz miniature bottle is actually borrowed from my niece :p who in turn had got them for her Harry Potter school project.

I hope you guys like what I created :).














Thanks for dropping by and I appreciate your feedback :).

Lindy's Stamp Gang products used:
1.) Azure Sea Asters Starburst Spray
2.) Buccaneer Bronze Moon Shadow Mist
3.) Glory of the Seas Gold Starburst Spray
4.) Sea Mint Green Starburst Spray
5.) Delphinium Turquoise Magicals (Jamaican Jungle)
6.) California Poppy Yellow Magicals (Jamaican Jungle)

Participating in the following challenges:
1.) Lindy's Stamp Gang: November challenge



2.) More Than Words: November 2016 main challenge



3.) Mixed Media Place - Crisp and Cold



4.) The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Moodboard




5.) More Mixed Media Challege - AG + optional Black



6.) Crafting from the Heart - AG

22 comments:

  1. Wow stunning!! love this Khushboo gorgeous colour's you have used you should be proud of this
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dianne :). It means a lot. Yes, I feel really proud of this piece :).

      Delete
  2. GLORIOUS canvas!
    Thanks for joining in over @ More Than Words... 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great crackle effects. Thank you for joining us at More Than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE what you have created here, especially with all those fabulous textures in your background. Really beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have succeeded your first mixed media project! It's absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous project! I love the colours you've used. To be eligible for a prize at More Than Words you just need to add in our Challenge Board image. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. And thank you for mentioning about the image. I added that now :).

      Delete
  7. Amazing again lovely piece thanks for Lindy's and Mixed Media Place Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing mixed media piece! This texture is gorgeous! Thank you for joining at Lindy's stamp gang as well as More than words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Lindy's Stamp Gang!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looove this canvas !! Great great background work !! Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Very beautiful ! Thank you for playing with us at morethanwords challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful canvas! Thanks for playing along with us at MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for playing along with us at Lindy’s Stamp Gang!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful and sensational!!Thanks for joining us at MMP.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! Thank you for joining us at MMP xx

    ReplyDelete