Monday, October 31, 2016

Steampunk Rose Bug... Craft Your Passion Challenges...

Heyloo guys. This week I'm back with a new DT project for Craft Your Passion. Our sponsor this week is Rick St. Dennis; and I completely LOVE his digi images! So for this week, I wanted to do something really different since I absolutely felt awestruck by the DT image. It's called 'Steampunk Rose Bug' and can be found here.

This is a diary that I have hand made right from scratch - From the cover to the inside pages to the assembly of the diary. It seems like diary making is my new found love. And I love experimenting and creating mixed media work.

The colour theme is red - and instead of the conventional dull red colour, I chose to go with an absolute burst of bright red. But it kinda appears orangy on photo :(. Anyway, the essence of the cover is: die cuts, LOTS of stenciling, lots of various sprays and mediums, gold to accentuate the flower and the cover, a lil goldy gold glitter here and there;  and of course - the centerpiece - Rick's digital image. I love how it turned out. Don't I always lol :D. (A couple of photos turned out a little darker and could not capture the true colours like in the other pictures, coz I clicked them at night :( and I was out of time.)

You can see that there is a sentiment (Happy 1st Birthday) in some of these photos - so you can add whatever message you like. I also sell these handmade diaries, so if you'd like to order a customised diary for yourself or to gift someone, send me an email at: snowflakesandlilies@gmail.com.




Some of the inside pages and a special bookmark to go in coordination with the diary. Since the cover already focuses on rose, I have contrasted it with lotus on the bookmark as well as the inside pages (in a hurry of posting this blog, I completely forgot about these :o). Here are some of the pictures of the same. I've used Lotus Delight by Peek-A-Boo stamps.








Hope you guys like what I've created and thanks for your feedback :).

Participating in:
PDE Linky Party - Anything but a card
Brown Sugar Challenge - Birthday

13 comments:

  1. Its Gorgeous n bright ! Pkease mention if you have used any Peek-a-boo designs product on this dairy cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've used PAB product inside on the pages of the diary. Does that qualify? If so, let me know and I'll add the inside pics.

      Delete
    2. If the inside page follows the challenge guidelins then no problem in sharing that.. Only thing is you need to stick to the guidelines and use any PABD product as focal element..

      Thank you

      DT, PABD

      Delete
    3. Hey. I've uploaded the pictures where I've used PABD stamps. I remembered I had to use a PABD product while I was making the diary, but while uploading I completely forgot about it. And since I was pressed for time yesterday, I quickly uploaded few pics :).

      Delete
  2. Oh my word this is so gorgeous and wonderfully created.
    I love everything about this, and the colours are gorgeous and very vibrant.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jenny, for such beautiful appreciation. It really touched me :). Glad you like what I created :).

      Delete
  3. Lovely project.. Love all the shine and shimmer... Please do mention the product you have used.. Thank you..

    DT, PABD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for uploading the images showcasing use of Peek-a-boo Designs products! It's a gorgeous project and I love the coloring! Thank you for playing along Challenge #11 over at Peek-a-boo Designs! All the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of stamps! Thank you so much for playing along. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is utterly gorgeous! Love this so much! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for joining the challenge here at Crafting from the Heart, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at PDE Linky Party! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete